When someone passes away owning property or assets, the decedent’s estate generally needs to be administrated according to the statutory provided rules and procedures. The administration of the estate involves:
- Probating the will (if existing) or identifying the decedent’s statutory heirs
- Identifying and collecting assets of the estate
- Paying any debts owed by the estate
- Filing any tax returns required and paying any tax owed
- Distributing the estate’s assets to the decedent’s heirs
Estate administration can be challenging and time consuming. Let us guide you through the process and help you every step of the way.
Contact Larry Russell